Created By: Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society
This 25-foot wide space between 107 East Main and 111 E Main is called "Walton's Alley" because it once offered access to Walton's Lumberyard, which occupied the space behind these buildings where there is a parking lot today. Walton's Lumberyard was where a mass meeting of citizens was held in 1925, to discuss the possibility of incorporation so that Richardson could sell bonds to raise money for a municipal waterworks and sewer system. During early Richardson Community fairs, this space was occupied by civic organizations such as the American Red Cross, which, in 1924, helped World War One veterans apply for a wartime "bonus" recently approved by the United States Congress.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Richardson, Texas