Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
Once a residential block, this part of Tioga Street has been converted to public and commercial uses. This 1886 Queen Anne brick-and-wood row house once served as six homes. Across the street, on the site of the current Tompkins County Courthouse, were four more row houses. Architect Alfred B. Dale designed the building for General Charles R. Blood, a prominent merchant. Originally, the house had three arched entrances alternating with paired windows. Around 1930 the building was used as an Ithaca College dormitory, and two entrances were closed. Following a 1990-91 renovation, the building was restored to residential use.
This point of interest is part of the tour: DeWitt Park Historic District