Created By: Farmingdale Public Library
Morris Karp purchased the store and adjoining home from Loehr family in 1921. The Loehrs were the proprietors of a general store. It was originally called Karp & Koplentz, but later named Karp’s General Store. In 1930, Morris sold the store to Isidore Wolly. Wolly’s concentrated on hardware rather than be a general store. In 1990, the business was purchased by long-time employee Harry Bowen & his wife Stephanie. Wolly’s closed in 2003.
This point of interest is part of the tour: View of the Village