Marist College Campus Tour

This tour will take the user to the most important buildings on the Marist campus for prospective students.

Marist College Campus Tour

Poughkeepsie, New York 12601, United States

Created By: Marist College

Tour Information

The entire length of the tour will take the user to 13 of the most important buildings found on the Marist Campus. The overall purpose of the tour is to show users what buildings will most likely be most significant to them if they chose to come to Marist, what the history and purpose of those buildings are, and additional opinions and perspectives on those buildings from students currently attending Marist College.


Tour Map

Loading Tour

 

What You'll See on the Tour

1
McCann Center

This recreation center is home to Marist College intercollegiate sports teams, many intramural teams, and also recreational and club athletics. The McCann center was named after James J. McCann who was born in 1880 in Poughkeepsie. It is 5... Read more
2
Sheahan Hall

Sheahan Hall was the campus’s first residence hall in 1962, and it was named after a pastor in St. Peter's church here in Poughkeepsie. This church was also the parish church of the Marist brothers at the time. Monsignor Sheahan advised ... Read more
3
Leo Hall

This residence hall opened in 1963. The building’s construction was funded with a federal government loan. When women were first invited to live on campus in 1969, they occupied the sixth floor of Leo Hall. It is currently being used as ... Read more
4
Champagnat Courtyard/Residence Hall

Champagnat hall was built in 1964 and was named in honor of Marcellin Champagnat. Marcellin Champagnat was a French Priest who founded the Marist brothers in 1817. Champagnat hall consists of 9 stories and houses close to 400 first year st... Read more
5
Student Center/Music Department

The original building, which was 66,000 square feet and three stories high, was completed in 1965. The building expanded to include an additional 63,000 square feet after renovations were completed during the summer of 1994. The Student Ce... Read more
6
Marian Residence Hall

Originally designed as a gym, and constructed entirely by the Marist brothers, Marian Hall opened in 1948. The building was originally used as gym, but also held other facilities such as a laundry room and a garage. In 1983, Marian Hall wa... Read more
7
Donnelly

This building is named for Brother Nilus Donnelly, who, alongside other professors with no construction experience, constructed this building, which was completed in 1962. Donnelly was the main classroom building on campus, and also housed... Read more
8
James A. Cannavino Library

The library is named after James A. Cannavino, who was a long-time Trustee and former Chairman of the Board. The library was developed as part of the worldwide Digital Library Initiative launched by the IBM Corporation. The purpose of this... Read more
9
Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Chapel

The Chapel was first built in 1953, and it was one of the first Catholic churches in the United States to be built based off of a circular design, with the altar at the center of the church and the congregation intimately flowing completel... Read more
10
Lowell Thomas

Opened in 1987, and renovated in 2014, Lowell Thomas plays an important role for many Marist students. Lowell Thomas houses the academic disciplines of communications and computer science, communications being Marist’s largest major, wit... Read more
11
Hancock Center

Built in 2011, the Hancock Center was named after Marist trustee Ellen Hancock. Quite an advanced building, it provides state of the art research technology in classrooms for students. The purpose of the building is mostly served for math ... Read more
12
Dyson Center

The Dyson Center finished construction in 1990 and is named in honor of businessman and philanthropist Charles H. Dyson and his wife Margaret. The Dyson Center is three stories high and holds a variety of courses. It is 53,000 square feet ... Read more
13
Fontaine

This building has served multiple purposes throughout its time. Named after Brother Paul Ambrose Fontaine, it was constructed in 1956. Originally this hall served as a dining room, and a study hall for the Marist Brothers. Additions were m... Read more

 

Leave a Comment

 


 

Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide

 


 

Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.