Created By: Coleman Memorial Museum
129 Main - Seyer Plumbing & Heating
This building was built in 1916 following the big fire that destroyed both sides of Main Street with the exception of the First National Bank (Starion Financial).
In 1920 Ed Wallis and William Straub built a pool hall on this site. The brick building had big plate glass windows, and the second store served as an apartment house. The business offered a cigar stand and soft-drink counter, together with billiards tables and green-shaded lights that brightly lit up the room
In 1962 the building was bought by Harold Redmond and Alvin Marvick who were in business together. This business was called R & M Hardware Electric. This partnership ended in 1965, and the name was changed to Redmond Hardware Electric until it ceased operation in 1993. John Stefanowicz, of Stef's Plumbing and Heating, then purchased the building. Brian Seyer bought out the business in 2002 and it became Seyer Plumbing and Heating.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Ellendale - Tour of the Core City - Copy (Backup made @ 12:30 PM June 20)