Created By: Heritage Hill Association
In 1870 John Smalley had a notions, millinery and fancy goods store here. This store was destroyed by fire in 1890. In 1891 Arthur Adams opened a shoe store here in a new building. In 1896 this building became James W. Smithers retail candy store with a soda fountain. In 1899 C.C. Paule opened a Jewelry store here. This store operated under the Paule's until 1996. In 2012 this store changed into Styltique hair styling.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Burlington Iowa Jefferson Street