Created By: Visit Madison, Inc.
113 East Third Street. Madison had an active Jewish community with the earliest records dating from 1849. In 1855 a synagogue was established and in 1868 this building was purchased from the Radical Methodists to be used as a synagogue. The building remained a synagogue until 1923.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Churches Walking Tour