Created By: Greenham Control Tower
This walking trail starts and ends at The Control Tower, Greenham Common, where there is a large,free carpark.The trail explores the remaining Cold War era points of interest, takes approximately 2 hours and visits the following sites:
• Control Tower – with its exhibitions and observation deck
• Old runway – the original tarmac at the taxiway crossover point
• Chemical decontamination suite on the business park (outside only)
• Fire plane used for fire training
• Ground Launched Cruise Missile Alert and Maintenance Area (outside only)
• The Blue Gate of the Womens’ Peace Camp.
Please wear sensible clothing and footwear, since some of the terrain is uneven. Make sure that you also bring water to drink, sunhats, sun cream, rainwear, according to the weather. Dogs are permitted but must be kept on a lead in some areas.
Please check on the opening times of the Control Tower if you wish to go inside.See link below-